- Light must be an integral element of architecture.
- Light must, through its form and material, support or enhance the architecture.
- Light has to create mood and atmosphere to fit human demands (function, intention).
- Light is a statement and carries a message.
- Light works as proof to space and time which are equally locations of culture and socialisation.
- Light has to respect communication.
- Light is measured by human needs.
- Light has to engage with respect to the historical context of a building and connect its past with its present.